SERVICE WORK OPPORTUNITIES
CITF Needs Volunteers
- CITF is in need of volunteers to chair AA meeting at the Harrison County Jail in Gulfport (men & women's meetings) and Stone County Jail in Wiggins. Background check is required for persons chairing meetings for Harrison County. Training classes are required for persons chairing the meetings at Stone County. Click HERE to download the ADC volunteer application. For more info Contact Dave W. at 228.249.0422, or the Central Office at 228.575.9225
SMCI in Leakesville
- The staff at SMCI in Leakesville are interested in getting volunteers to come and conduct AA meetings in their facility. Anyone interested in prison work, this is an excellent opportunity. For more information on obtaining and filling out the required applications and obtaining recommendation should should contact Bob B. at the Central Office 228.575.0225 or Gary M. The required forms are at the Central Office. Please consider this worthy work of service.
Central Office Needs Volunteers:
- Central Office needs volunteers to help in the office. Only four (4) hours of your time can go a long way to help others. Volunteers need to have at least 1 year of continuous sobriety, a sponsor who will vouch for your character, a home group, organizational skills and a pleasant personality for talking on the phone. Call Bob at Central Office for more information and the dates and times.
- Office Staff: Monday
2-6 pm, Tuesday 10am - 2 pm, Thursday 2 - 6 pm.
- Volunteers to give rides -
- Volunteers to answer
hotline nights and weekends.
- Volunteer to manage 24 hour
Hotline. Great way to serve for retirees and shut in's.
Click image to visit the 2015 International Convention Alcoholics Anonymous; or click HERE
to download the flyer.
- The Intergroup Committee installed Alan J. as the new Chairperson for the Intergroup Board. He will be serving for the next two years in this role.
There is a vacancy for the Co-Chairperson position at this time. This email serves as notice. If you would like to stand for this position, Call the Central Office and let us know by our next meeting which will be held October 5, 2014. If you would like to fill this position, please be present at this meeting.
Various committee's are being formed to help re-establish the Intergroup's role within the AA community here in South Mississippi. If you would like to get involved in service work please contact us, there is plenty of work to go around.
My thanks to the many who are already serving. Keep on Keeping on!!
- Jackie "Jack" Hicks passed away Friday, September 12, 2014, at
the age of 73. He was a long time member of our fellowship. The visitation will
be Friday, September 19, 2014 from 12:00 to 2:00 pm at RIEMANN FAMILY FUNERAL HOME, 274 Beauvoir Road, Biloxi, MS. Graveside
service to follow at Biloxi National Cemetery at 2:30 pm. The Patriot Guard, a
group of veterans whom Jack loved and participated in, will be escorting Jack
to his final resting place. Jack, may you rest in peace. We will miss you.
- Oct 25th: District 11
Workshop: Cooperation with the Professional Community. 11:30-2:30pm at the
24th avenue fellowship club.