SERVICE WORK OPPORTUNITIES
CITF Needs Volunteers
- CITF is in need of volunteers to chair AA meeting at the Harrison County Jail in Gulfport (men & women's meetings) and Stone County Jail in Wiggins. Background check is required for persons chairing meetings for Harrison County. Training classes are required for persons chairing the meetings at Stone County. Click HERE to download the ADC volunteer application. For more info Contact Dave W. at 228.249.0422, or the Central Office at 228.575.9225
SMCI in Leakesville
- The staff at SMCI in Leakesville are interested in getting volunteers to come and conduct AA meetings in their facility. Anyone interested in prison work, this is an excellent opportunity. For more information on obtaining and filling out the required applications and obtaining recommendation should should contact Bob B. at the Central Office 228.575.0225 or Gary M. The required forms are at the Central Office. Please consider this worthy work of service.
Central Office Needs Volunteers:
- Central Office needs volunteers to help in the office. Only four (4) hours of your time can go a long way to help others. Volunteers need to have at least 1 year of continuous sobriety, a sponsor who will vouch for your character, a home group, organizational skills and a pleasant personality for talking on the phone. Call Bob at Central Office for more information and the dates and times.
- Office Staff: Monday
2-6 pm, Tuesday 10am - 2 pm, Thursday 2 - 6 pm.
- Volunteers to give rides -
- Volunteers to answer
hotline nights and weekends.
- Volunteer to manage 24 hour
Hotline. Great way to serve for retirees and shut in's.
Click image to visit the 2015 International Convention Alcoholics Anonymous; or click HERE
to download the flyer.
- The South Mississippi Intergroup Board has a vacancy for the Treasurer position. If you would like to serve on the Board, please submit your name to the Central Office.
Nominations will be reviewed at the next Intergroup meeting on November 2, 2014 and will be voted on at the December meeting on December 7, 2014.
The job description from our bi-laws are:
1. The Treasure shall ensure adequate bookkeeping records are maintained and that all bills are paid in a timely manner
2. The Treasurer shall give a financial report at each regular IG Committee meeting , and submit records to any audit agency as may be utilized by the by the IG Committee.
3. Two (2) signatures will be required on all checks' one (1) Board member and the Central Office Manager, OR two (2) Board members.
4. The Treasurer shall act as the Chairperson in the absence of both the Chairperson and Associate Board Member.
All IG Board members shall serve a term of two (2) years, and may not serve two (2) full consecutive terms. The suggested minimum of 3 continuous years of AA sobriety is recommended for all Board positions.
This serves as official notice of the vacancy and the committee's intent to fill it and is authorized by the IG Committee.
South Mississippi Intergroup Inc
19021 Commission Rd
Long Beach Mississippi 39560
- Various committee's are being formed to help re-establish the Intergroup's role within the AA community here in South Mississippi. If you would like to get involved in service work please contact us, there is plenty of work to go around.
My thanks to the many who are already serving. Keep on Keeping on!!
- 28 Oct: Chip in Group's 27th Year anniversary. 6pm Pot luck dinner and speaker.
- 31 Oct – 02 Nov: 28th Annual Mississippi Old-Timers Roundup. Speakers, Meetings, Games, dancing, raffles, and even some feed. We’ll have it all!!! Jackson, MS.